Harmonious Coexistence of Business Activities and Nature
Corporate philosophy of I-O DATA DEVICE, INC. is to meet customer's expectations and to contribute to society.
Moreover, I-O DATA comprehends that the preservation and conservation of the global environment are major worldwide issues, and I-O DATA makes every effort to reduce the environmental impact of its business activities and product life cycles to promote the achievement of sustainable societies.
Environmental Activities Guideline
- 1Planning the continuous improvement of the environmental management system by the implementation of eco-audit and the activities of the environment committee to preserve the global environment and protect it from pollution.
- 2Taking a progressive approach to the requirements for the environment of interested parties complying with environment-related laws and industry's self-regulation.
- 3Endeavoring to contribute to society by cooperating with and supporting environmental protection and conservation activities and events by outside organizations.
- 4Establishing and revising environmental goals to promote the following activities.
- (1)Promotion of environment-responsive product design and reduction of environmental impact.
- (2)Implementation of activities to conserve electricity, kerosene, and other energy sources used in the course of business activities.
- (3)Recycling and proper disposal of waste products generated by business activities.
- (4)Efficient use of production materials used in the course of business activities.
- (5)Disclosure of information on the company’s environmental efforts.
- 5We will make this Environmental Policy known to all company employees and all other persons working on behalf of the company, and will disclose it to the public.
I-O DATA DEVICE, INC.
Naonori Hamada, President
Measures to Protect the Environment
The modern world confronts a bewildering array of environmental problems, including global warming, damage to the ozone layer and dioxin contamination. Concern for the environment is intensifying worldwide. At I-O DATA, we are working steadfastly to address these issues in our own operations. In January 2002, I-O DATA obtained certification under ISO 14001, the international standard for measures protecting the earth’s environment.
ISO 14001 is a standard adopted worldwide to recognize enterprises that develop environmental management systems under their own direction and maintain activities for continuous improvement and reduction of their environmental footprint.
- *Headquarters are certified ISO 14001